Dear zoo visitors
We consider ourselves responsible for the animals entrusted to us and for the diversity of nature. This is the highest maxim of our daily work. In order for everyone to feel comfortable and safe, we ask that you observe the following rules of conduct.
• Admission tickets
The Zoo may only be entered with valid admission tickets at the marked entrances. They entitle the holder to enter and stay at the Duisburg Zoo during general opening hours.
Instructions of the staff must be followed.
• Supervision Obligation
Children under the age of 12 and persons in need of supervision may only visit the Zoo when accompanied by a person of full age who is authorized to supervise them.
• Visitor paths and safety barriers
- Leaving the visitor paths and areas expressly made accessible to visitors is prohibited.
- It is not permitted to climb onto or climb over safety barriers and barriers (e.g. fences, moats, enclosure boundaries, bridge railings) or to place children/dogs on enclosure walls or fences.
- Entering the green areas and damaging and/or taking plants is prohibited. Many plants are toxic to zoo animals, so they may not be fed.
- Use the litter bins provided for your rubbish and cigarettes.
• Behaviour towards animals
- Feeding animals on the zoo grounds is prohibited. Each animal is given species-appropriate, wholesome food in appropriate quantities by the animal keepers. The exception to this rule is that the animals in the petting zoo area may be fed, but only with food from the automatic feeders.
- Avoid disturbing the animals, e.g. by excessive noise, knocking on windows and throwing objects into the enclosures.
- It is not permitted to baby carriages and handcarts onto Lemur Island.
• General safety regulations
- Smoking is prohibited in all animal houses, buildings (e.g. toilets, lynx hut, tiger tower, store and catering), playgrounds and thus-marked areas. The lighting of fires and the carrying of dangerous objects of any kind on the zoo grounds are prohibited.
- The bringing and use of bicycles, scooters, skateboards, e-scooters, inline skates or similar means of getting around is prohibited. Exceptions: Baby carriages and handcarts.
- For safety reasons, the playing or use of music equipment as well as balls and ball games are not permitted in the zoo.
• Playground equipment and playgrounds
Please follow age restrictions and instructions of use when using playground equipment, playgrounds and similar facilities.
• Dogs at the zoo
- Dogs are allowed from November to February from Mondays till Fridays, even if a holiday falls on those days of the week.
- Dogs must always be kept on a short leash and supervised at all times. Tethering your dog and leaving him unattended is not permitted. Dog owners are liable for any damage caused by their dog.
- Taking dogs into the animal houses or onto walk-in areas, such as Lemur Island and the playgrounds is not permitted. Dogs are not allowed to leave the designated visitor paths.
- Dog waste bags are to be used to prevent the fouling of our grounds.
- NPlease be considerate of our animals and ensure that your dog behaves quietly.
• Photography and filming
- The taking of photographs and filming during your stay on the zoo grounds is only permitted with regard to animals, buildings and the landscape.
- The use of photographs and films may only be for private purposes such as private printed or digital photo albums and publication in photo forums.